Well we have started upon a mega task of rising damp in the kitchen.
I took some of these pictures just before I left for work this morning.
We only have a very small kitchen but the walls were crumbling around us.
You can see the mould down by Chris’s legs on the tile grouting, this is Chris yesterday afternoon removing everything out of the kitchen ready for the workmen in the morning.
Thankfully Chris is very good with DIY and made a framework screen to stop all of the dust getting into the rest of the house. This was took just before I left for work.
And this one through the backroom window peeking through the back door.
So this is the view when I returned home from work.
All of the plaster removed and the walls have been treat with a barrier, bless then for adding the kitchen sink back so I could wash up and the oven back so we could cook dinner.
The floor tiles will also come up but the walls need another waterproof barrier painting on them first.
This is the workers stacking the boards that will eventually line the walls
It was so hot and humid today, I think they worked well.
Tomorrow the sparkies come in to do a rewiring job and then a frame up ready for the boards and then the plumber on Wednesday and then hopefully the boards on the wall after that. lastly will be the plasters skimming the walls.
I’ll keep you updated of the progress.