I had some wood left over from another project and thought this would make a beautiful gift.
So lets get Started step by step
- I painted the dark base coat and let it dry
- Next add a generous amount of PVA glue.
- Brush the glue all over the surface of the wood in an even layer
- Wait a couple of minutes so that the glue is just starting to set then paint over the top with the light shade of paint. Make sure you paint in lots of different directions.
- You need to use a heat gun all over the surface before the paint dries. I tend to be painting as I am using the heat gun, roughly 4 inches ahead.
- Direct the heat gun in one place until you see the crackles appear. (this doesn’t take long) Move the heat gun to a new spot to start the crackles.
- As you can see it makes a really vintage look to the wood.
- I used the Silhouette Cutter to cut out some wording from sign vinyl.
Now to finish off the project
Once dried I added the sign vinyl wording and cut out some foliage and a flower using the Silhouette cutter and added them to the top.
I intend added some hooks to the bottom of this project so that it can be used as a key keeper.
A close up of the flower, you can probably see that once the project was put together I sprayed it with Crafter Companion Pearl spray for a touch of luxury.