I thought it was about time I gave you an update on our home renovations.
Although we thought things were going fine, the room had lovely new plaster and it was drying beautifully.
We soon realised that all was not as it should be on the outer wall.
It just wouldn't dry out in parts and we soon came to realise that we had a problem on the outside wall.
Silly I know but for some reason in the back of my mind I was thinking porous bricks, the house is around 108 years old.
Sure enough when we got the builder to look at it he confirmed it was indeed porous bricks and pointing needed.
So although the fire and surround are being fitted today we are at a total stand still until the outside work can be done and unfortunately that is weather depending.